Transfer Students

Are You a Transfer Student?

  • To be considered a Transfer Student, a student must successfully complete 24 college credit hours after high school graduation. Students not meeting this requirement will be considered incoming freshmen and should refer to our freshmen admission page.
  • Admission Requirements
  • Admission Checklist
  • Important Dates
  • Transfer Equivalency Guides
  • 2+2 Programs

For automatic admission, a transfer student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in all college coursework.

There are provisions for a small number of exceptions to the admission standards. Please contact the Admission Office for more information.

  • Schedule a campus visit or call 1-800-854-PITT (7488).
  • Apply for admission and scholarships online. Submit all required transcripts and additional documentation by February 1(or December 15 for transfer students starting in the spring semester) to be eligible for scholarships (self-reported information is not accepted for scholarship purposes).
  • Have your college or university transcripts sent to PSU (if any).
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1.
  • Complete the University Housing contract. Housing contracts are available in November.
  • Register for PITT CARES (orientation and enrollment for new students). Transfer students will receive registration information in January for the fall semester and August for the spring semester.
  • Submit your Proof of Immunization Compliance form. To view the immunization policy and to access the form, visit
  • Transfer student with fewer than 60 credit hours must submit a final high school transcript if they will be receiving financial assistance.
  • September - Now is the time to start applying for admission and scholarships. Financial aid cannot be processed without your application for admission on file. Apply for admission and scholarships
  • October 1st - Applying for financial aid?  Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by this date for priority consideration. Apply online anytime after January 1st. 
  • October - Interested in living on campus? Housing Information.  Find detailed information on University Housing website
  • February 1st (fall)/December 1st (spring)- If you plan to apply for Pitt State scholarships, your Application for Admission and Scholarships must be received by this date for priority consideration.  It is important that all transcripts are received by this date as well.
  • April/November -  Plan to attend Pitt CARES for Transfers in April for the fall semester and September for the spring semester. During Pitt CARES transfer students participate in early enrollment. Visit Student Success Programs for more information.

Final evaluation to determine PSU course equivalency is based upon course content as described in the catalog course description of the sending institution.  This evaluation is performed by the Assistant Registrar-Transcript Analysis, who consults with academic chairpersons as needed. However, you can use our online Transfer Equivalency Guides to get a head start on seeing what classes at your current institution will for a specific credit at Pitt State.

2+2 agreements serve to facilitate the admission and academic transfer of students from participating Community Colleges throughout Kansas in a vast array of majors offered at Pittsburg State University.

See 2+2 Programs